Saturday, August 13, 2016

Vintage Easel Card





 So I started this project by printing this beautiful stamp by Lily of the Valley called Edwardian Christmas.  I printed this on vellum and colored her with Copic markers. R59 for her hat, W5 dress, E13 face, C5 for the muff, E57 hair and G99 for the green areas.  You want to flip over the image and color the back of the vellum. Color quickly and don't go over a colored area because it will cause streaks. 

Once I finished coloring I cut a white panel with My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched dies. I line up the vellum panel with the white piece and stitch them together using my sewing machine. I then cut my front panel for my card which is 4"x5.5" and adhere it to the card base.  I add a matching 1.5" strip to the inside bottom so they line up when the easel is up. 

I cut the smallest rectangle from the Wonky Stitched set and stamp Have a Jolly Christmas from Woodware Craft in Memento London Fog grey ink.  I added a bit of foam tape to pop it up and place on the bottom inside of my card. This holds the front panel in place. 

After I cut six Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia's in the smallest size and three Pine Needles to decorate my card.  I tape the pine needles to the back of my image panel and once all those are in place I take the second white stitched panel and glue them together. This creates a nice clean white back for when the easel is up. I then glue two poinsettia flowers together with a little Tombo Mono glue and place a The Paper Studio gold glitter gemstone in the middles. I then pinch the petals together to add interest. 

I glue the flowers in place and that finishes the card!! I hope you like it. Happy crafting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment