Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Whimsical Flowers with soft stenciled background

 


The Altenew Whimsical Flowers stamps are one of my favorites! These little cuties are the perfect topper for the AECP Celebration Stencil technique class. I really wanted these flowers to pop, so I decided to stencil over a dark background. I used a Hero Arts stencil over a dark purple paper and Distress ink in the color Picket Fence. This created a soft patterned background for my flowers to be the focal point. I stamped the Whimsical Flowers in Altenew's Crisp dye ink in Red Sunset, Lavender Fields and Green Valley inks. I used the matching die set to cut out my flowers and arranged them in a cluster. 




I didn't want my flower to float on my card so I added washi tape to the bottom of the card and a strip of glitter gold cardstock for a pop of sparkle. 





I finished off my card with a Hello stamped and heat embossed in fine white embossing powder. I think this technique is a great way to use stencils that are a bit "busy" and creating a soft background with them. I really loved how this card turned out! Stay well- Janet 





1 comment: