Sunday, February 28, 2016

Spring Just Married Card


Today's card starts on Cricut Design space. This is from the Classically Modern Card cartridge and is apart of the subscription. I sized the card to 10.49 x 6.81to make a 5x7 card. 

I cut the main card in white and I duplicated the back panel and cut one piece in vellum and one in white. I then cut the Just Married out of silver foiled paper. 

After the pieces were cut, I saved all the small pieces and put them aside.

 I then took the vellum piece and "watercolored" it with Copic markers. I saw this on Carissa Wiley's You tube page. (she's awesome) Here's the colors I used.
 You do this by placing the colors down and spraying it with rubbing alcohol. I used Ranger's alcohol blending solution to see if it would work and it did.







I dried this with my heat tool and assembled my card together. I used some liquid glue in small dots and put the vellum piece behind the detailed cut piece and then the white extra piece.I then fit in the Just Married in the silver foil paper and put all the white pieces back into place. I added a crystal for the top of the "i" in married and Pretty Pink Posh sequins in Lemon Meringue. I glittered some of the flowers and stems with the new Spectrim Noir crystal clear sparkle pen to finish the front.

2 comments:

  1. woooo, Janet! What a fun, clever, beautiful idea! Thanks for showing me something that I plan to case! Your card is not only gorgeous, but very festive! Thanks again! It was fun visiting your blog today and seeing your pretty artwork! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete